Download our Menus
Taste the difference
The standard taco consists of a U shaped hard corn tortilla shell which can be filled with meat, cheese & other toppings. There’s also the soft taco, made with a soft flour tortilla
A flour tortilla folded in half over a filling of meat, vegetables & cheese. A large quesadilla is 2 tortillas put together with filling in the middle, then toasted & cut into triangular shapes
A large flour tortilla folded around its contents (usually meat, vegetables, salsa & cheese) & grilled
Smaller than a burrito, an enchilada is a rolled tortilla with the filling inside (usually meat or beans) & the salsa & cheese grilled on top
A “make your own” item – take a small flour tortilla and fill it yourself!
Avocados – did you know?
- Avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable
- They have 60% more potassium than bananas
- Avocados are nutrition powerhouses packed with vitamins, nutrients & ‘good’ fats that are essential in healthy diets
- They are sodium and cholesterol-free
- The avocado apparently originated in Central America, where it was cultivated as many as 7,000 years ago
Chillies – did you know?
- Chilli peppers are a hotly pungent variety of capsicum, high in vitamins A, C, E & B1-3
- The spelling of chilli can be with one or two “l”s
- The smaller the chilli, the hotter it is – removing the ribs & seeds will reduce its heat
- Capsaicin (the substance that makes a chilli hot) can increase blood circulation & metabolism
Frijoles (“free-ho-lays”) – did you know?
- Frijoles is the Spanish word for beans
- Beans are a great source of protein, cholesterol-lowering fibre and iron
- Beans help to stabilise blood sugar – great for those with diabetes or hypoglycaemia
- Sombreros’ beans are pre-soaked which makes them quicker to cook & easier to digest (it reduces sugars which cause flatulence!)